'SNL' Parodies Padma Leash Me, Top Dog Chef
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
We knew the day would come when Saturday Night Live would parody Padma Lakshmi and her gang from Top Chef. Guy Fieri and Paula Deen already got their own characters, after all.
Saturday, when Jennifer Lawrence hosted the comedy show, SNL whipped out Top Dog Chef, hosted by Padma Leash Me, Tom Collie-cio, and guest judge Mario Barktali. The challenge? "Create a dish using only ingredients from this torn-open garbage bag." The catch: "At random intervals we rang a doorbell." Naturally, the dogs just couldn't ignore the doorbell. They should've added a squeaky toy.
Dishes included "vomit two ways" and "an egg shell, a candy bar wrapper, and a piece of cat poop." The loser, unfortunately, ended up eating his dish before judging (the dish included a sock). Next up on Top Dog Chef: cats. Let's hope this is a reocurring skit, as dogs and food are always a win at The Daily Meal. Watch the entire clip below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts