- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
'SNL' Parodies Padma Leash Me, Top Dog Chef
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
We knew the day would come when Saturday Night Live would parody Padma Lakshmi and her gang from Top Chef. Guy Fieri and Paula Deen already got their own characters, after all.
Saturday, when Jennifer Lawrence hosted the comedy show, SNL whipped out Top Dog Chef, hosted by Padma Leash Me, Tom Collie-cio, and guest judge Mario Barktali. The challenge? "Create a dish using only ingredients from this torn-open garbage bag." The catch: "At random intervals we rang a doorbell." Naturally, the dogs just couldn't ignore the doorbell. They should've added a squeaky toy.
Dishes included "vomit two ways" and "an egg shell, a candy bar wrapper, and a piece of cat poop." The loser, unfortunately, ended up eating his dish before judging (the dish included a sock). Next up on Top Dog Chef: cats. Let's hope this is a reocurring skit, as dogs and food are always a win at The Daily Meal. Watch the entire clip below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts