Snackshot of the Day: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking. [slideshow:
Today's Snackshot is of a bowl of homemade roasted red pepper hummus. Hummus is sort of a grocery shopping staple — there are so many varieties of delicious flavors at Trader Joe's, it's hard not to grab a tub for a quick snack. Hummus is one of the easiest snacks to make at home, though, and it's as customizable as you want. Throw chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, salt, and whatever else you want to jazz it up, into a food processor and blend.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts