Snackshot of the Day: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking.
Today's Snackshot is of a bowl of homemade roasted red pepper hummus. Hummus is sort of a grocery shopping staple — there are so many varieties of delicious flavors at Trader Joe's, it's hard not to grab a tub for a quick snack. Hummus is one of the easiest snacks to make at home, though, and it's as customizable as you want. Throw chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, salt, and whatever else you want to jazz it up, into a food processor and blend.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts