Snackshot of the Day: Making Ravioli
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking.
Today's Snackshot is of a chef at the Tony Awards after-party preparing ravioli in Todd English's Plaza Food Hall at New York City's Plaza Hotel. Ravioli is a perfect comfort food, but a little intimidating to make at home. After watching this woman prepare it, I'm not any more ready to attempt it. Cutting perfect squares from a long sheet of homemade pasta is nothing short of an art form. It takes real skill to delecately divide the pasta, fill, then seal.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts