- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
Snackshot of the Day: Mouth-Watering Lobster
Recipe of the day
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
- The Best Chicken and Waffles in America
- Chuck E. Cheese Is Trying to Win Back Customers By Adding Booze to Their Menu
- New York City’s Tavern on the Green Sued for Refusing to Let War Vet Dine with Her Dog
- We Know the Secret to Getting Free Guacamole at Chipotle
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking.
Today's Snackshot is of a ready-to-eat lobster at The Water Club in New York City. Lobster is the type of meal to be enjoyed on a special occasion. We all wish we could have lobster every day, or once a week, or even once a month, but I personally think it just tastes better when you're celebrating something. You still have a couple days to plan an extravagant New Years dinner, so bust out the ol' "for emergencies only" credit card, and make a reservation for a lobster dinner.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts