- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Snackshot of the Day: Chimichurri Fries From 4505 Meats in San Francisco
Recipe of the day
- Dunkin’ Donuts vs. Krispy Kreme: The Ultimate Doughnut Showdown
- At Long Last, McDonald’s Confirms That They Will Definitely Have All-Day Breakfast
- California Woman Sues Chipotle, Alleges That They Are Not 100-Percent GMO-Free
- Guac ’n’ Roll! Chipotle Will Deliver to College Campuses This Fall
- Jets Quarterback Bryce Petty Took Heat for Tweeting That He Likes Domino’s Pizza
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking. Today's Snackshot is of the chimichurri fries from 4505 Meats at the music and arts festival Outside Lands in San Francisco.
Photo editor Jane Bruce on the chimichurri fries: "Bay Area meat purveyors 4505 Meats had two stands set up at Outside Lands, with a crew headed by owner Ryan Farr. Well deserved, as they were one of the most talked about vendors that weekend. These crispy fries were topped with garlic and lemon parsley aioli. They served as an ideal side dish to the juicy cheeseburger also on the menu, not to mention something hot on a chilly San Francisco evening in August."
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's executive editor Arthur Bovino on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts