Snackshot of the Day: Beef Stew
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking.
Today's Snackshot is of an original Daily Meal recipe for beef stew. The creator of the stew describes it as "a super meaty beef stew that has more of a clear broth than the gravy-like Dinty Moore version. If you like the broth a bit thicker, toss the cubes of beef in flour before browning. Crock-Pot temperatures vary — I find that the smaller Crock-Pots are often hotter than the large ones, which this recipe was scaled for originally, but as always with beef, low and slow makes it the most tender."
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts