- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Smoky Black Bean Enchiladas
- 15 Ounces extra-firm tofu
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 whole-wheat wraps
- 15 Ounces enchilada sauce
- Shredded vegan Cheddar, to taste (optional)
Liquid smoke takes basic bean and tofu enchiladas to a new and unbelievably delicious level. I use the enchilada sauce in my cookbook, but any canned or bottled fat-free vegetarian enchilada sauce will do.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Crumble the tofu into a large bowl. Add the beans, liquid smoke, garlic powder, and hot sauce and mix together. Spoon the filling into 8 wraps. Fold over, place into an ovensafe dish, and pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle shredded vegan Cheddar over top, if desired, and bake 15-30 minutes (15-20 minutes for a softer shell and 25-30 for a crispier shell).