Smoked Cauliflower Soup
- 4 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 Cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Teaspoons Cajun seasoning, plus more to taste
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder, granulated
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder, granulated
- Dash of paprika
- 1/3-1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 2-4 lemon wedges
- Pepper, to taste (optional)
This delicious smoked cauliflower soup is gluten-free and vegan. A little liquid smoke adds a pleasant, smoky flavor to the soup and the Cajun seasoning adds some spice.
Line a large pot with a thin layer of water and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower, reduce the heat to low, cover, and steam until cauliflower is very soft and tender, almost falling apart, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the almond milk, Cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, a few drops of liquid smoke, salt, to taste, and lemon juice to a blender. Blend for a few seconds so everything incorporates.
Add the cooked cauliflower, in batches if necessary, and purée until silky and creamy, adding more almond milk if necessary. (You want the consistency to be a thick, creamy soup or a runny gravy.)
Pour the soup into a small pot and heat gently over medium heat. Season with additional Cajun seasoning, liquid smoke, salt, or pepper, if desired. Once warm, cover and let sit for a few minutes, allowing the flavors to merge. Garnish with a dash of Cajun seasoning.