- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Small Dishes Shine at Chicago's Bites Asian Tapas
Recipe of the day
- 2-Star Restaurant Fung Tu Adapts While Waiting, 2 Months and Counting, for Con Edison to Turn the Gas Back On
- Proposed New York City Bill Would Require Healthier Fast Food Kids’ Meals
- Simpson Wong Teams Up with Tiger Beer to Host a Singaporean-Style Clambake on September 6
- The Very Best of Miami Spice 2015
- The Return of the Automat? This New San Francisco Restaurant Has No Human Servers
Looking for a new small plates experience? Bites Asian Tapas in Lakeview offers a fresh take on the tapas trend. Favorites from Asian cuisine are presented in fun and flavorful ways with plenty of options for vegetarians and meat lovers alike. Take a look at some of the dishes from Chef Marita Tantivirasut; you'll be inspired to add some spice to your next night out!
The butternut squash soup is a great way to begin. A hint of peanut and a dash of spice make this traditional soup exciting and delicious.
Pig in the Garden gives you seasoned pork, tomatoes, cilantro and crispy noodles centered on a crisp lettuce wrap.
The spicy miso ramen is a hearty and satisfying dish. There is a definite kick to the broth, pairing well with the rich pork and noodles. It is also available with tofu.
Vegatable samosas are a must order. A crispy crust holds a medley of vegetables, and the cilantro yogurt dipping sauce does a perfect job of balancing the curry flavor.
A variety of interesting cocktails are available to add to the experience. Try the Hot Geisha, a refreshing shochu concoction which you can spice up to your liking.
Take advantage of the small plate format to try the many well-crafted options at Bites Asian Tapas. With such an array of flavors, you won't want to miss out on a single dish.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts