Smack Shack: Shrimp, Sausage, and More
Today on The Daily Meal
- Snackshot of the Day: Vegan Apple Sage Sausage, Rosamunde Sausage Grill
- For Los Angeles' Seoul Sausage Truck It's 'Seoul Plus Sausage, Bam. Easy'
- Weekly Recipe Review: Homemade Ravioli, Crispy Mardi Gras Shrimp, Wok-Seared Chicken, and More…
- Shake Shack Puts SmokeShack Burger on Permanent Menu
- The Snack Shack: A Burger Lover’s Paradise
As natives of Minneapolis know, Josh Thoma has been no stranger to trouble when it comes to the restaurant business. But he sure seems to have hit it big with Smack Shack, the popular food truck he co-owns with Kevin Fitzgerald. The truck (white with a giant lobster painted on its top), which touts the motto, "Shrimp, Sausage and More," serves lobster rolls that have been voted one of the best in the country by Bon Appétit, shrimp and sausage po'boys, a roasted leg of lamb sandwich, burger, and lobster mac and cheese. For $6 more, you can upgrade your lobster roll to a "King Roll," twice as much lobster as the basic model.
Twitter’s your best bet for finding the truck Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., but you can find the full menu at the 1029 Bar Tuesday through Sunday starting at 5 p.m., and if Foodie File’s Stephanie March is right, after some delays, Smack Shack’s months-awaited brick-and-mortar restaurant in its warehouse space on 6th and Washington in the North Loop, is supposed to merit drive-bys in December. Lobster Christmas, anyone?
Arthur Bovino is The Daily Meal's executive editor. Follow Arthur on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts