Slow Cooker Sausage and Meatball Bites Recipe
- One 14-ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- One 16-ounce package frozen cooked meatballs
- One 16-ounce package small cooked smoked sausage links
- Vanilla Tres Leches Cake
- Beef Medallions with Horseradish Sauce, Celery, and Mushrooms
- Asian Orange Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower Rice
- Farro, Cherry Tomato, and Carrot Gratin with Asiago
- Quinoa Caprese Casserole
- Hot-Spiced Pork and Rice
- All-American Cheeseburger Soup
- Beef Fajita Soup
- Teriyaki Beef-Noodle Soup
This easy slow cooker recipe for sausage and meatball bites makes a great appetizer. It also comes with ten amazing sauces that you can serve with it so that you’re basically getting ten recipes in one! Eat this alone, or pick one of the options below.
Adapted from "Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook."
In a 3 ½ - or 4-quart slow cooker combine cranberry sauce and mustard. Stir in meatballs and sausage. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-2 ½ hours. Serve immediately. Keep warm on warm- or low-heat setting up to 1 hour. Serve with picks.
10 Great Sauces
1. Five-Spice: Omit cranberry sauce and mustard; add 1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce and ½ teaspoon five-spice powder to cooker before adding meat.
2. Italian: Omit cranberry sauce and mustard; add 1½ cups marinara sauce and ₁⁄₃ cup grated Parmesan cheese to cooker before adding meat.
3. Mango-Chipotle: Add 1-2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and ½ cup chopped mango to cranberry mixture.
4. Spicy: Add 1 small finely chopped, seeded jalapeño pepper to cranberry mixture.
5. Orange: Add one 11-ounce can mandarin orange sections (drained) and ½ cup orange marmalade to cranberry mixture.
6. Apricot: Add ½ cup apricot preserves and ½ cup snipped dried apricots to cranberry mixture.
7. Jerk: Omit cranberry sauce and mustard; add one 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (undrained), ½ cup barbecue sauce, and 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning to cooker before adding meat.
8. Maple: Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup to cranberry mixture.
9. Barbecue: Omit cranberry sauce and mustard; add 1¼ cups barbecue sauce and 1 tablespoon honey to cooker before adding meat.
10. Polynesian: Omit cranberry sauce and mustard; add ₂⁄₃ cup pineapple preserves, ¼ cup honey, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon ground ginger to cooker before adding meat.
Calories per serving:268 calories
Dietary restrictions:Kidney Friendly, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added