Slow-Cooked Spicy Black Bean Soup Recipe
Daily Value: 28%
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||509µg||127%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This slow cooker soup is true to its name... spicy! But, have no fear, even if you have a severe dislike for spicy food, this recipe is easily modified to be safe for all taste buds.
- Three 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced (optional)
- 1/2 large onion, diced (optional)
- 1 cup corn (optional)
- 1/3 carrots, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeño pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon habanero hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 large bay leaf
In a large slow cooker, mix the together black beans, diced tomatoes, green chiles, garlic, and chicken broth. If using, add the optional ingredients.
In a bowl, mix together the spices and add to the soup mixture. Then, add the hot sauce and bay leaf. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve hot.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).