- Todd English born (1960)
Sleep's Effect on Hunger and More News
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
McDonald's Worker Fired Over Sprinkles: A McDonald's worker who was fired for "gross misconduct" for putting too many chocolate sprinkles on a McFlurry was awarded a little more than $4,800 for unfair dismissal. [Business Insider]
Cider Is Booming: Looks like hard cider might be the next big drink trend, following the growth of craft beer. [Reuters]
Sleep and Hunger: Turns out, lack of sleep might make people more hungry, meaning they'll eat more and gain more weight. [WSJ]
Craig Schoettler on Aviary, New Drumbar: The former executive chef of Grant Achatz's The Aviary talks with Time Out Chicago about what really went down before he left, plus his new bar. [Time Out Chicago]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts