- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Sleep's Effect on Hunger and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Genetically Modified Rice Could Make More Food and Reduce Greenhouse Gases
- Military Developing New Menu Options, Packaging for Meals Ready-to-Eat
- The Science Behind What Makes Bacon Taste So Delicious
- Jimmy John’s CEO Is Under Fire for Allegedly Hunting Big-Game Animals
- Is the CEO of Starbucks Considering a Presidential Run?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
McDonald's Worker Fired Over Sprinkles: A McDonald's worker who was fired for "gross misconduct" for putting too many chocolate sprinkles on a McFlurry was awarded a little more than $4,800 for unfair dismissal. [Business Insider]
Cider Is Booming: Looks like hard cider might be the next big drink trend, following the growth of craft beer. [Reuters]
Sleep and Hunger: Turns out, lack of sleep might make people more hungry, meaning they'll eat more and gain more weight. [WSJ]
Craig Schoettler on Aviary, New Drumbar: The former executive chef of Grant Achatz's The Aviary talks with Time Out Chicago about what really went down before he left, plus his new bar. [Time Out Chicago]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts