Caffeinated Maple Syrup Makes Coffee Look Like a Major Wimp
Recipe of the day
- Kit Kat Bars Temporarily Change Into YouTube Break Bars in the UK
- Ben & Jerry’s Releases New Ice Cream That Could Help Save the Planet
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Hot Pockets
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
Caffeine die-hards who get triple shots of espresso every morning might want to opt for this cheaper fix: ThinkGeek's caffeinated maple syrup.
The online store, which also sells caffeinated brownies and gum, basically lets you have breakfast and coffee in one; one tablespoon reportedly has 84 milligrams of caffeine. The energy drink BAWLS only has 80 mililgrams of caffeine every 10 ounces. Maple syrup: 1; Energy Drinks: 0.
Of course, ThinkGeek is touting this syrup as "really delicious maple syrup (with nothing artificial in it) loaded with caffeine." A 16.5-ounce bottle goes for $12.99, and while in theory this sounds genius, the double-whammy of sugar and caffeine might be too much for us. Not only would we accidentally pour too much over a stack of waffles, our sleepy selves might accidentally serve this syrup to kids. Who knows what an already-hyper 8-year-old will do with three tablespoons of this stuff? Let's save this for adults only, please.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts