- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Caffeinated Maple Syrup Makes Coffee Look Like a Major Wimp
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks and Evolution Fresh Now Make Individual Fruit-on-the-Bottom Greek Yogurts
- Kraft Recalls American and White American Singles, Says Plastic Wrapper Is a Choking Hazard
- Maui, Hawaii's Grand Wailea Spa Incorporates Local Products into Relaxing Treatments
- Bananas Get Quick-Thinking Swede Out of Speeding Ticket
- The Best and Worst Products at Trader Joe’s Roundup: Part Two
Caffeine die-hards who get triple shots of espresso every morning might want to opt for this cheaper fix: ThinkGeek's caffeinated maple syrup.
The online store, which also sells caffeinated brownies and gum, basically lets you have breakfast and coffee in one; one tablespoon reportedly has 84 milligrams of caffeine. The energy drink BAWLS only has 80 mililgrams of caffeine every 10 ounces. Maple syrup: 1; Energy Drinks: 0.
Of course, ThinkGeek is touting this syrup as "really delicious maple syrup (with nothing artificial in it) loaded with caffeine." A 16.5-ounce bottle goes for $12.99, and while in theory this sounds genius, the double-whammy of sugar and caffeine might be too much for us. Not only would we accidentally pour too much over a stack of waffles, our sleepy selves might accidentally serve this syrup to kids. Who knows what an already-hyper 8-year-old will do with three tablespoons of this stuff? Let's save this for adults only, please.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts