Skinny Cow Launches New Line of 'Divine Filled Chocolates'
Recipe of the day
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
It seems as if mankind has been on a mission for quite some time now to make snacking on chocolate a healthy experience. We’ve even gone so far as to eliminate chocolate from the equation entirely on occasion, replacing it with carob. The folks at Skinny Cow, however, best known for their line of low-fat ice cream sandwiches, have stayed old-fashioned and released a lower-calorie snack that not only involves real chocolate, it also contains real caramel and peanut butter.
Their just-released "Divine Filled Chocolates" come three to a pack, and each pack contains only 130 calories and 7 grams of fat. Flavors include caramel and peanut butter crème.
These chocolates are a little bit smaller than most that are currently on the market, and they most closely resemble the Ghirardelli Squares. These are great to fill a chocolate craving in a pinch, and while they’re certainly not healthy, they’re a lot less unhealthy than your standard chocolate bar.
Both chocolates had a super-creamy, melt-in-your-mouth consistency, and the caramel was nicely salted. The peanut butter was also nice and creamy.
These candies will sell for $0.99 per pack, or for $4.29 for a box of six packs.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts