- World Coconut Day
Skinny Cow Launches New Line of 'Divine Filled Chocolates'
Recipe of the day
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
It seems as if mankind has been on a mission for quite some time now to make snacking on chocolate a healthy experience. We’ve even gone so far as to eliminate chocolate from the equation entirely on occasion, replacing it with carob. The folks at Skinny Cow, however, best known for their line of low-fat ice cream sandwiches, have stayed old-fashioned and released a lower-calorie snack that not only involves real chocolate, it also contains real caramel and peanut butter.
Their just-released "Divine Filled Chocolates" come three to a pack, and each pack contains only 130 calories and 7 grams of fat. Flavors include caramel and peanut butter crème.
These chocolates are a little bit smaller than most that are currently on the market, and they most closely resemble the Ghirardelli Squares. These are great to fill a chocolate craving in a pinch, and while they’re certainly not healthy, they’re a lot less unhealthy than your standard chocolate bar.
Both chocolates had a super-creamy, melt-in-your-mouth consistency, and the caramel was nicely salted. The peanut butter was also nice and creamy.
These candies will sell for $0.99 per pack, or for $4.29 for a box of six packs.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts