Siri Teams Up with Yelp
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- High on Chai at Burma Burma in Mumbai
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
If you were planning on getting away from the Yelp universe when looking for restaurant reviews, good luck with that if you're an iPhone user.
Last week's Apple's iOS 5.1 update came with a Siri-Yelp integration, which means everytime you ask your phone for restaurant and business recommendations, Siri will pull up the Yelp application with places nearby.
Eater points out that if you don't have the Yelp app installed, clicking the restaurants will simply bring you to the app page, asking you to install Yelp. Annoying, perhaps. But as we've said before, it's probably a good thing Yelp didn't sell to Google.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts