Siri Teams Up with Yelp
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
If you were planning on getting away from the Yelp universe when looking for restaurant reviews, good luck with that if you're an iPhone user.
Last week's Apple's iOS 5.1 update came with a Siri-Yelp integration, which means everytime you ask your phone for restaurant and business recommendations, Siri will pull up the Yelp application with places nearby.
Eater points out that if you don't have the Yelp app installed, clicking the restaurants will simply bring you to the app page, asking you to install Yelp. Annoying, perhaps. But as we've said before, it's probably a good thing Yelp didn't sell to Google.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts