- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Siri Teams Up with Yelp
Recipe of the day
- Dumpling Restaurant Sues Copycat Rival for Stealing Dozens of Recipes
- This Gourmet Japanese Restaurant Only Serves Canned Food
- Lady Gaga’s Former Personal Chef Opened a Restaurant in New York City
- This is the Best Way to Send Back Food in a Restaurant
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
If you were planning on getting away from the Yelp universe when looking for restaurant reviews, good luck with that if you're an iPhone user.
Last week's Apple's iOS 5.1 update came with a Siri-Yelp integration, which means everytime you ask your phone for restaurant and business recommendations, Siri will pull up the Yelp application with places nearby.
Eater points out that if you don't have the Yelp app installed, clicking the restaurants will simply bring you to the app page, asking you to install Yelp. Annoying, perhaps. But as we've said before, it's probably a good thing Yelp didn't sell to Google.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts