Siri Teams Up with Yelp
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
If you were planning on getting away from the Yelp universe when looking for restaurant reviews, good luck with that if you're an iPhone user.
Last week's Apple's iOS 5.1 update came with a Siri-Yelp integration, which means everytime you ask your phone for restaurant and business recommendations, Siri will pull up the Yelp application with places nearby.
Eater points out that if you don't have the Yelp app installed, clicking the restaurants will simply bring you to the app page, asking you to install Yelp. Annoying, perhaps. But as we've said before, it's probably a good thing Yelp didn't sell to Google.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts