Siri Teams Up with Yelp
Recipe of the day
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
If you were planning on getting away from the Yelp universe when looking for restaurant reviews, good luck with that if you're an iPhone user.
Last week's Apple's iOS 5.1 update came with a Siri-Yelp integration, which means everytime you ask your phone for restaurant and business recommendations, Siri will pull up the Yelp application with places nearby.
Eater points out that if you don't have the Yelp app installed, clicking the restaurants will simply bring you to the app page, asking you to install Yelp. Annoying, perhaps. But as we've said before, it's probably a good thing Yelp didn't sell to Google.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts