Simple Tips for a Stellar Red Carpet Viewing Party
Recipe of the day
As the Academy Awards quickly approaches and awards season comes to a close, there is only one way to celebrate and that’s in style. If you’re anything like us here at The Daily Meal, come 3 or 4 p.m., you’ll be ready, cocktail in hand, planted on the couch with your best girlfriends ready to give your ooohs, aahhhs, and oh, no’s! to your favorite stars coming down the red carpet. Isn’t that why people watch these awards shows, anyway?
In any case, to be perfectly prepared, we’ve scored a few tips from lifestyle expert Maureen Petrosky, who gave us her ideas for a great Oscars evening, complete with a fashionable cocktail.
Here are Petrosky’s tips for an awesome Oscars bash:
1. Keep it small. Too many guests — more than 10 — means you’ll likely miss the whole show.
2. Offer easily portable snacks so guests can graze and still see the TV. If you have more than one, turn them all on so the red carpet can be viewed from as many places as possible. This is one of the only times I will recommend all TVs on for a party.
3. Serve big-batch drinks. Pre-made batched drinks let you be part of the fun instead of working the event.
4. Keep it casual but not too casual. The red carpet starts at 3 p.m. on the East Coast, which means that West Coast viewing parties kick off even before noon. No need for floor-length gowns and up-dos, but don’t skip the glitz altogether! This is the red carpet after all. Throw on sparkly stilettos with your jeans, don some fabulous jewelry with a simple sweater, and of course, break out your best crystal to toast the best dressed.
Red Carpet Ready Cocktail
- 1 cup Little Black Dress Vodka
- 3 ounces St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups club soda
In a large pitcher filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients and stir. Serve in champagne flutes. Ask guests to deliver acceptance speeches as you bestow them each with their well-deserved glass. Enjoy. Serves 4 to 6.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts