- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Shrimp Scampi for the Feast of the Fishes
Photo Modified: Flickr/Amy Selleck
- 1 Pound extra large raw shrimp, peeled & deveined- tails on
- 1 Cup melted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2/3 Cups dry white wine
- 1 Cup flavored breadcrumbs
This quick and flavorful shrimp dish is a staple at contributor Joanna Fantozzi's Italian-American Christams celebration.
Mix together melted butter with all ingredients except Shrimp. Place shrimp in single layer in baking dish. Pour mix evenly over Shrimp.
Bake at 350 F degrees for 15-20 min or until bread crumbs are browned. Serve with lemon wedges.