Shrimp and Mango Wonton Crisps
- 12 wonton skins, cut into 4 squares
- ¾ pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp, cooked*
- 1 mango
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
*Note: If you are not buying pre-cooked shrimp, simply bring a pot of salted water to boil over high heat and cook the shrimp for 3-5 minutes, until they've turned pink. Drain and immediately transfer shrimp to an ice bath or place the colander under very cold water until the shrimp are no longer steaming hot.
- Artichokes with Caper-Scallion Mayonnaise Recipe
- Striped Bass with Salsa Verde and Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Lemon Tart with Cream Recipe
- Chicken Tagine with Sweet Potatoes and Golden Raisins
- Spicy Thai Beef Salad with Mizuna (Yam Neua)
- Coconut Curry Mussels Recipe
- Coconut Pudding Recipe
- Mexican Wedding Cakes Recipe
- Baked Mexican Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Wonton skins are a new favorite of the ladies behind Big Girls Small Kitchen. Here, they use these inexpensive and versatile wrappers to make cups to hold a cold salad of cooked shrimp and sweet mango tossed in a creamy ginger dressing. — Allison Beck
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place wonton skins on a cutting board and brush lightly with oil. Press each into a miniature muffin tin, oiled side down. Bake until wonton crisps are golden brown, about 8–10 minutes. Allow to cool for five minutes in the tin, then set aside and repeat. (The crisps can be made up to two weeks in advance.)
Cut each shrimp into 4–5 pieces — small enough to fit in the crisps — and peel and dice the mango into same-sized pieces.
In a food processor (if you do not have one, minced ingredients finely and combine in a bowl), combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ginger, lime juice, Sriracha, honey, and salt. Pulse to combine. This dressing can be made up to a week in advance.
About an hour before service, toss together the shrimp, mango, ginger dressing, and cilantro. Spoon into the crisps and serve immediately.
Calories per serving:105 calories
Dietary restrictions:Balanced Sugar Conscious, Kidney Friendly, Dairy Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added