- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Shake Shack to Open in Istanbul
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
Shake Shack, Danny Meyer's now-famous hamburger chain, reportedly has a coming presence in Istanbul in spring 2013. The new location will be in the Tunel neighborhood and will be operated by Shaya, owned by M.H. Alshaya, an international franchise operator that also manages Shake Shack's other locations in the Middle East. If that weren’t enough, they have also announced plans to open in London, and have already spread to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and Miami.
Originating in Madison Square Park in New York City, Shake Shack was an ordinary summer kiosk that started in 2001 only to explode into the popular franchise it is today. It has come a long way since its local humble neighborhood origins began serving a simple menu that had eaters lined around the block.
Now, it seems, they are lined up around the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts