Shake Shack to Open in Istanbul
Recipe of the day
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
Shake Shack, Danny Meyer's now-famous hamburger chain, reportedly has a coming presence in Istanbul in spring 2013. The new location will be in the Tunel neighborhood and will be operated by Shaya, owned by M.H. Alshaya, an international franchise operator that also manages Shake Shack's other locations in the Middle East. If that weren’t enough, they have also announced plans to open in London, and have already spread to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and Miami.
Originating in Madison Square Park in New York City, Shake Shack was an ordinary summer kiosk that started in 2001 only to explode into the popular franchise it is today. It has come a long way since its local humble neighborhood origins began serving a simple menu that had eaters lined around the block.
Now, it seems, they are lined up around the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts