- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Shake Shack Debuts in New Haven, Connecticut
Recipe of the day
- What Do People Taste Like? Murderers, Explorers, and Other Cannibals Weigh In
- Pizza Hut Will Give Away Free Pizza on ESPN’s ‘College GameDay’
- Taco Bell Is Testing a Dollar Breakfast Menu in California
- Dunkin’ Donuts Korea Made a ‘Reggae’ Doughnut with an Afro
- Burger King Is Making a Peace Day Burger with Anyone Who Wants to Collaborate
Considering New Haven, Conn.’s fame where casual fare is concerned (particularly when it comes to pizza and hot dogs,) it’s only natural that the Connecticut city would be the home of the newest Shake Shack location.
Danny Meyer's latest Shake Shack opens today on Chapel Street, across from the New Haven Green and adjacent to Yale’s Old Campus. This is the second Connecticut location for the ever-expanding chain; the first opened in Westport last year.
As with the other Shake Shacks across the globe, this spot will feature a few menus items unique to New Haven. The first is the Handsome Dog, named in honor of Yale’s mascot Handsome Dan. The hot dog includes Shack cheese sauce and crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated onions. Paying homage to the Yale Bulldogs, the new Boola Boola Blue concrete features vanilla custard, blueberry jam, and a whole slice of lemon pie. The Skull & Cones concrete includes chocolate and vanilla custard, shattered sugar cone, peanut butter sauce, and chocolate truffle cookie dough. Finally, the Elm City Coffee Break concrete features vanilla custard, coffeecake marshmallow sauce, shortbread cookie, and caramelized pecans.
Where do you think Shake Shack will expand to next?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts