- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
Seven Layer Greek Dip
- One 8-ounce container hummus
- 3/4 cups light sour cream
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 3/4 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled, seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 3 Kalamata olives, chopped
Everything I love about Greek salad is in this dip. Similar in concept to a Seven Layer Mexican Dip, this dip gets a fresher and lighter twist by layering tasty veggies, Greek flavors, and healthy hummus. It comes together in no time, can hang out in the fridge until ready to serve, and when arranged in a pie plate, this beauty of a dip is super-portable for party travel.
Spread the hummus evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie or serving plate. Spread the sour cream over the hummus. Sprinkle on the spinach, then the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and feta cheese, topping with chopped kalamata olives. If desired, garnish around the edges with chopped parsley.
Cover with plastic wrap or foil, place in refrigerator, and chill until serving time.
Calories per serving:77 calories
Dietary restrictions:Sugar Conscious, Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added