Science Proves 'Fat Tax' Might Work and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Fat Tax Study: A new study published in the British Medical Journal found that a high tax on unhealthy foods may actually help slow down obesity rates. [ABC News]
Jamie Oliver's Next Revolution: The healthy celebrity chef will receive the Healthy Cup Award from the Harvard School of Public Health on May 22, following his launch of Food Revolution Day on May 19. [Boston Globe]
Convenience Store Charged $716 Million: A jury charged a convenience store $716 million for selling alcohol to a teenager who killed a man in a drunk driving accident. [FOX 13 News]
Truck Spills Load of Yogurt: In what was sure to be a messy cleanup, a tractor-trailor crash spilled 18 tons of Greek yogurt on a New York highway. [AP]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts