Science Proves 'Fat Tax' Might Work and More News
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Fat Tax Study: A new study published in the British Medical Journal found that a high tax on unhealthy foods may actually help slow down obesity rates. [ABC News]
Jamie Oliver's Next Revolution: The healthy celebrity chef will receive the Healthy Cup Award from the Harvard School of Public Health on May 22, following his launch of Food Revolution Day on May 19. [Boston Globe]
Convenience Store Charged $716 Million: A jury charged a convenience store $716 million for selling alcohol to a teenager who killed a man in a drunk driving accident. [FOX 13 News]
Truck Spills Load of Yogurt: In what was sure to be a messy cleanup, a tractor-trailor crash spilled 18 tons of Greek yogurt on a New York highway. [AP]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts