- Alton Brown born (1962)
Science Proves 'Fat Tax' Might Work and More News
Recipe of the day
- Skipping Breakfast Puts Diabetics at Risk, New Study Says
- What Is It Like to Be Allergic to All Food? 1 Unlucky Teen Offers a Glimpse Into His Life
- Google Will Now Tell You How Busy Restaurants and Stores Are So You Can Avoid Long Lines
- 10 Ways You’re Wasting Money at the Supermarket
- Why Is Pig Meat Called ‘Pork’?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Fat Tax Study: A new study published in the British Medical Journal found that a high tax on unhealthy foods may actually help slow down obesity rates. [ABC News]
Jamie Oliver's Next Revolution: The healthy celebrity chef will receive the Healthy Cup Award from the Harvard School of Public Health on May 22, following his launch of Food Revolution Day on May 19. [Boston Globe]
Convenience Store Charged $716 Million: A jury charged a convenience store $716 million for selling alcohol to a teenager who killed a man in a drunk driving accident. [FOX 13 News]
Truck Spills Load of Yogurt: In what was sure to be a messy cleanup, a tractor-trailor crash spilled 18 tons of Greek yogurt on a New York highway. [AP]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts