Science Explains Hangover Cures
Today on The Daily Meal
- People Actually Built These Amazing Gingerbread Houses
- How To Host The Perfect Gingerbread House Competition
- Amazon Offers Easy Way To Donate While Finding The Best Cyber Monday Deal
- 6 Interesting Facts about Anthony Bourdain
- Major Fast-Food Workers’ Wage Strike Across 150 US Cities Planned for December 4
Everyone may have their own specific hangover cure (you know, Pedialyte, an everything bagel piled with cream cheese, a bloody mary), but Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Brown behind AsapSCIENCE bring you the scientifically proven methods of avoiding and curing a hangover.
Naturally, the first part starts with pregaming, and by pregaming we mean stuffing your face with carbs and fatty foods. Fatty foods slow the absorption of alcohol, calm stomach irritation, and all that fun stuff. Carbs, on the other hand, help with blood sugar and nausea.
Then, pound that water to stay hydrated. Stay away from dark liquor or red wine, drink some more water, and when you get home, take some aspirin (but not Tylenol!). In the morning, fix up some eggs, bananas, and fruit juice for yourself, and prep for your next night out all over again. Watch below for all the big scientific explanations.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts