Science Explains Food Pairings and More News
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
'Mouthfeel' Explains Favorite Food Pairings: Chips and a soda, oil and vinegar, wine and cheese: the classic pairings are all attributed to the science behind "mouthfeel," which says that an astringent and a fatty food naturally go together. [NBC News]
Kaiser Permanente's New Food Plan: In 17 hospitals nationwide, Kaiser will throw out the soda vending machines and deep-fryers, promising healthier food options. [LA Times]
Michelle Bernstein's New Projects: The James Beard Award-winner talks about her newest restaurant opening, plus TV appearances and writing. [Nation's Restaurant News]
Ledbury Crowned Best UK Restaurant: Chef Brett Graham’s Ledbury, which has two Michelin stars, has won the award for best restaurant from the National Restaurant Awards for the third year in a row. [Businessweek]
'Top Chef' Contestant Opens New Restaurant: Leah Cohen is working with Fatty Crab and Fatty Cue to open a new Southeast Asian restaurant in New York City. [New York 1]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts