- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Schnipper’s Offers Pro-Gay Marriage Chicken Sandwich
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
Amidst all of the Chick-fil-A controversy, many fillet-o-philes find themselves in a pinch. Do you love a good chicken fillet sandwich, but find you can no longer support a corporation that actively opposes gay marriage? Andrew Zimmern, host of Bizarre Foods, certainly does. He said, "I am a huge Chick-fil-A fan, they have a great sandwich, but I choose not to spend my money anymore in a place that won’t publically embrace people of all shapes, sizes, skin color, politics, sexual orientation, or whatever."
Anne Burrell, too, expressed her disapproval, stating, "I hope they pull their heads out of their Chick-fil-A."
Luckily, Schnipper’s Quality Kitchen in New York City has the answer for marriage-equality-loving people looking for a new favorite chicken sandwich.
Throughout the month of August, the restaurant will donate $1 from every chicken fillet sandwich to Marriage Equality U.S.A., a nonprofit that works to secure legally recognized civil marriages. The deal will be available at both of their New York City locations.
A statement on the company’s Facebook page reads, "The sandwich is tasty – Marriage Equality is timely."
Owner Andrew Schnipper claimed, "A truly good Chicken Fillet Sandwich would always be in favor of marriage equality." Take that, Chick-fil-A.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts