Salsa Guajillo Recipe
Daily Value: 5%
|Folic Acid (B9)||44µg||11%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 12 guajillo chiles, stemmed and deseeded
- 2 chiles de arbol (optional for more heat)
- 8 large ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup diced, peeled apple, preferably a sweet varietal like Fuji or Gala
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon toasted whole cumin seeds
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss chiles, tomatoes, apple, onion, and garlic in vegetable oil and roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Place the roasted ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and then add the cumin and orange juice and simmer over low heat until all ingredients are tender. Blend on high in a blender until smooth, and then season again to taste.
Recipe DetailsServings: 6
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).