Food Network Magazine is seeking an energetic, poised, hardworking Sales Assistant Intern to support four sales executives. The Intern will gain valuable hands-on experience in marketing, events and business skills at a cutting-edge magazine that offers advertisers a true 360 opportunity.
- Hard-working and eager to learn
- Interest in advertising sales, marketing and/or business
- Commitment for the entire Spring term/hours TBD
- Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Love of food, restaurants and chef culture a plus
- Must receive academic credit
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Learn the overall sales process for completing RFPs (Request for Proposals), Insertion Orders, editorial credits, client communication and preparing competitive reports
- Partner with Sales Assistant in creating monthly mailers, planning and executing client entertaining and food focused events
- Prepare and lead weekly sales meeting
- Maintain inventory of client entertainment event premiums, supplies and materials
- Research and stay up to date on top restaurants, events and more!
- General Administrative support such as: phone coverage, filing, expenses, data entry, mail distribution, scheduling, calendar management and travel/restaurant arrangements
When? Spring Term or Summer 2014
Where? Chicago, IL
To apply: Send a resume, cover letter and explanation of why you want the internship opportunity with Food Network Magazine to Sara Garmon at firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Sales Assistant Internship appeared first on Spoon University.