- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Salad with a Side of Dead Frog
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
If you are a working individual, you know how precious your lunch hour is. It is the one time you can sneak away from the office, clear your head, and fill your stomach. But if you happen to be in a rush, bring back your bite to eat, and discover a frog corpse, your hour of peace turns into a revolting lunch. That is exactly what happened to a Wall Street Journal employee (who wishes to remain anonymous) who opened up her Niçoise salad from Pret A Manger, according to The Huffington Post. Her colleague, digital features editor Kathryn Lurie, posted a photo of the abomination on Instagram saying: "Photo of said dead frog found in my colleague's @Pret salad #aughhhggughhh #nofilter."
Pret A Manger did release a statement to The Huffington Post, saying, "At Pret A Manger, we take issues like this very seriously. Our lettuce is sourced from farms that do not use any pesticides on its produce, therefore organic matter does very rarely manage to pass through our production process. We are currently looking into this issue to make every effort that this does not happen again."
Well, there you go poor WSJ staffer — at least it is organic!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts