Salad with a Side of Dead Frog
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
If you are a working individual, you know how precious your lunch hour is. It is the one time you can sneak away from the office, clear your head, and fill your stomach. But if you happen to be in a rush, bring back your bite to eat, and discover a frog corpse, your hour of peace turns into a revolting lunch. That is exactly what happened to a Wall Street Journal employee (who wishes to remain anonymous) who opened up her Niçoise salad from Pret A Manger, according to The Huffington Post. Her colleague, digital features editor Kathryn Lurie, posted a photo of the abomination on Instagram saying: "Photo of said dead frog found in my colleague's @Pret salad #aughhhggughhh #nofilter."
Pret A Manger did release a statement to The Huffington Post, saying, "At Pret A Manger, we take issues like this very seriously. Our lettuce is sourced from farms that do not use any pesticides on its produce, therefore organic matter does very rarely manage to pass through our production process. We are currently looking into this issue to make every effort that this does not happen again."
Well, there you go poor WSJ staffer — at least it is organic!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts