- World Coconut Day
Saint Simons Food & Spirits Festival in Georgia
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The Saint Simons Food & Spirits Festival returns for another year on October 1st, and will last for five days at Gascoigne Bluff. The festival is meant to recognize culinary culture and artistic endeavors in Georgia’s Golden Isles, and will feature food and drink from people and culinary institutions throughout United States.
There will be a number of special events such as a Sip, Taste & Tour at the Pier Village, which will provide a food and drink tour of the area and Southern Soul Baebeque and Kids Cooking Classes presented by Southeast Georgia Health System.
The festival will benefit the Hospice of Golden Isles, a community-formed, non-profit hospice in the area. This year’s festival will also feature The Artisan Market, which hosts local farmers, artists, and retailers.
To purchase tickets, visit the Saint Simons Food & Spirits Festival website, here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts