- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Romney Dines on Italian Fare and the White House Celebrates Rosh Hashanah
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Valley Isle Excursions Provides a Luxurious, Leisurely Journey to Hana on Maui
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney canceled his campaign trip to Colorado yesterday due to an investigation into a plane crash that happened at the airport where he was scheduled to land. So instead, Romney spent the weekend relaxing with his family in Belmont, Mass., and was seen dining at a local Italian restaurant with his son Tagg and wife Ann.
To celebrate the Jewish High Holidays on the eve of Rosh Hashanah, the White House posted a series of family recipes from staffers to the Jewish Americans blog on the White House website. Instead of featuring recipes developed by the White House chefs, Obama Administration staffers were able to share their favorite family dishes. The Chief of Staff, Jack Lew (the first Orthodox Jew appointed to this role), posted his family’s recipe for sweet potato tzimmes.
President Obama also took to Twitter to wish a Happy New Year to Jews celebrating the holiday, tweeting "L'shana tova to everyone celebrating tonight."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts