Rockin' Tacos Recipe
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
For taco lovers, sometimes it's a toss up between staying healthy and indulging. This recipe gives you both. An evenly balanced meal, it's loaded with healthy fats, lean protein, and complex carbohydrates.
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 packet taco seasoning, preferably Simply Organic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 taco shells
- Chopped tomatoes, for garnish
- Mixed greens, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and taco seasoning. Add rinsed chickpeas and toss until well coated. Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Assemble the tacos with the chickpeas and garnish with tomatoes and greens.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Notes and Substitutions:
Lisa Consiglio Ryan is a certified health counselor and founder of Whole Health Designs.