- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
PointsPlus Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds
- 20 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed of tough outer leaves and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- PointsPlus Mexican Clementine and Jicama Salsa
- PointsPlus Balsamic Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Spinach with Tomatoes and Feta
- PointsPlus Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese
- PointsPlus Super Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- PointsPlus Spicy Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- PointsPlus Quinoa and Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad
- PointsPlus Chipotle Black Beans with Orange and Lime
Roasting Brussels sprouts accentuates their flavor, and the addition of toasted almonds lends a savory crunch to this easy-to-make side dish.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together. Spread on a nonstick baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until nice and brown, about 20-22 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the almonds over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Mix the toasted almonds with the cooked Brussels sprouts and serve hot.