- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Roadtrippers App Gives Road Map, Dining Suggestions, and More
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
Users enter starting and ending addresses and Roadtrippers generates a map with estimated travel time and approximate fuel cost along with activities and deals along the route which are compiled into one itinerary.
"We were tired of eating fast food and staying at generic chain hotels," said Roadtrippers CEO James Fisher. "Roadtrippers is a simple solution to creating a more fun and cost-effective travel experience."
Roadtrippers can search more than 20,000 attractions, services and accommodations as well as venues for entertainment, food and drink, history, nature, shopping and sports. The iPad-friendly app aggregates all the deals available along the way.
Roadtrippers also has partnered with Jamie Jensen, the author of Road Trip USA, and has a team of travelers and local experts who compile the app’s content, like dining suggestions that range from fine dining and seafood spots to diners, drive-ins, and local favorites. Suggested selections include Comet Ping Pong, a ping pong pizzeria, in Washington, DC and Flakowitz of Boynton, a bagel shop.
Users will be able to book accommodations along routes directly through the site beginning at the end of June,
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts