The Rink at Rockefeller Center Opens Columbus Day
Recipe of the day
- Nearly 70 Restaurants Coming to Village Voice’s Eighth Annual Choice Eats Tasting Event
- Spiaggia Voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Chicago
- Vetri Voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Philadelphia
- What’s Happening in Washington, DC: Anniversary Galas, Whisky Parties, and Purim Celebrations
- Sandwich of the Week: Centro Ristorante’s Rosebud Meatball Sandwich in Chicago
The iconic ice rink at Rockefeller Center in New York City will officially open on Columbus Day, Oct. 14. For this season, several event packages will be offered to visitors, including the new "First Skate" package, starting Nov. 22. This package gives visitors early access to teh rink, starting at 7 a.m., followed by complimentary coffee, hot chocolate, and freshly baked pastries provided by Cucina & Co.
From late November through Christmas Eve, families can schedule a "Breakfast with Santa" at Rock Center Café and The Sea Grill. A family-style hot breakfast — including items such as scrambled eggs, applewood-smoked bacon and sausage, gingerbread men, crepe and omelette stations, and a chocolate fountain — can here be enjoyed together with "Santa Claus," and elves will be handing over gifts to the kids, according to a press release. The breakfast is followed by a special skate session, and for the first time, tickets can be bought in advance online.
Other seasonal packages include "Engagement on the Ice," giving couples private ice time for their proposal, a rink-side champagne toast, and optional dinner packages; and VIP-skating, where guests get to skip the lines for immediate access to the ice, skate concierges to assist with skates, and refreshments including hot cocoa, coffee, and freshly baked cookies.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts