- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Rick Bayless on 'Frontera: Margaritas, Guacamoles and Snacks'
The Chicago chef dishes on his new book
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- ‘Waste Nothing’: An Interview with Adam Sappington, author of the ‘Heartlandia’ Cookbook
- Dora Charles, Former Chef for Paula Deen, Embarks on Her Own Path with Her First Cookbook, ‘A Real Southern Cook’
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
- Top 10 Ways Julia Child Changed the Way We Cook
Some combinations are just meant to be, like peanut butter and jelly, cookies and milk, and of course, margaritas and guacamole. Rick Bayless has brought Mexican cuisine to the forefront of American dining for more than 30 years, but now he’s written a book to specifically celebrate the pure joy of a tequila-filled evening accompanied by a perfectly mashed avocado-based delicacy.
Bayless has written numerous cookbooks, but this one was meant to be the ultimate crowd-pleaser. "When I ask people what they make out of all those other books that I wrote they say margaritas, guacamole — it’s the thing that everybody loves and everybody wants to have good recipes for and I wanted to help people have an understanding of how to make a classic guacamole but then kind of make it their own by working in seasonal ingredients," he says.
For more about the book, Frontera: Margaritas, Guacamoles and Snacks, watch the video above!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts