- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Richard Sandoval’s New Addition to Denver Restaurants
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- ‘Why, Wylie?’ Wylie Dufresne Is Closing Alder at the End of the Summer
- Woman Told to Eat Outside or Leave for Bringing Her Service Dog Into a Restaurant
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
Richard Sandoval is a successful chef and restaurateur who is known for focusing on Latin cuisine. He is continuing this reputation by opening Al Lado in Denver, the first wine bar within his restaurant group.
On Aug. 17, Al Lado will open its doors to the Denver Riverfront Park neighborhood. Designed to be a local, chic, and lively place, Al Lado will strive to evoke an ambience similar to a European wine bar with dark wood, stylish wine storage, and a range of seating for intimate and communal gatherings.
Sandoval has curated the menu, which offers a variety of Latin wines and sangrias that complement the tapas selections such as the Hongos y Tartufo with mushrooms, truffle oil, baby spinach, and Gruyère. To extend the Al Lado experience, the restaurant will offer a wine club with a limited membership.
Members will be invited to complimentary wine tastings and receive one hand-selected bottle of wine a month.
Sandoval shares, "Nothing stirs a chef’s creativity more than a glass of great wine. Al Lado is my homage to a new generation of Latin winemakers, and the thoughtful cuisine that their evolving culture — and viticulture — inspires."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts