- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Restaurants and Hotels in Houston 'Think Pink'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, “NBCAM,” and restaurants and hotels in Houston, Texas, are honoring this with food and drink specials highlighting the signature color, pink.
At the Four Seasons Houston, they have created a new drink, called the ‘drink pink.’ This watermelon basil martini made with DASH vodka, watermelon, and local basil will be sold for $12, and proceeds from the sales go to the Houston’s Stehlin Foundation. Other Four Seasons around the world have also created their own signature pink cocktails, benefitting their choice of a local cancer-related charity.
Other Houston restaurants “thinking pink:”
Trevisio Restaurant is selling a dozen pink macarons for $14. They are available every day and come in a box decorated with a pink ribbon.
Prego, the Italian style trattoria has a chocolate cake with a special ribbon for $9.20% of the proceeds will go to the local cancer research charity, Stehlin Foundation for Cancer Research.
At Kenny & Ziggy’s, a “New York style delicatessen,” they’re creating a twist to the classic black and white cookie, transforming it into a pink and white cookie.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts