Restaurant Critic Roundup: Guy Fieri Gets Bad Reviews
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
As always, the ratings range from stars to bells to beans, but every review offers specialized insight into the food, atmosphere, and service of eateries in each city’s dining scene and the critics eating at them.
This week in New York, The New York Times critic Pete Wells awarded zero stars to Guy Fieri's new American Kitchen & Bar in Times Square. The review is plagued with questions, and the rhetorical answers? Not so good.
In Miami, Frenchie's American Diner gets a "Very Good," earning three stars for the shop where everyone looks like "a regular."
San Francisco's The Thomas, gains respect in space but poor scores in service. While some dishes have potential, "not everything works," "good intentions are evident, but the execution often goes awry."
From the East Coast to the West Coast, from North to South, the weekly restaurant critic roundup is here for all of your dining out needs.
Restaurant Critic Roundup: 11/14/2012
|Devra First||The Boston Globe||Shojo|
|Jonathan Gold||The Los Angeles Times||Ho-dong Baekjeong|
|Victoria Pesce Elliott||The Miami Herald||Frenchie’s American Diner||3 stars|
|Michael Kaminer||The New York Daily News||Perla|
|Ryan Sutton||Bloomberg||Maison Premiere||2.5 stars|
|Pete Wells||The New York Times||Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar||Poor|
|Michael Bauer||The San Francisco Chronicle||The Thomas||4 bells|
|Tom Sietsema||The Washington Post||Firefly|
Check last week's Restaurant Critic Roundup.
Tyler Sullivan is The Daily Meal's assistant editor. Follow her on Twitter at @atylersullivan.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts