- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Red Stripe and Bodega Make Music
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Truck Carrying 90,000 Beer Bottles Crashes Near Highway 101
- 5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Drinking with Your Best Friend
- The 10 Best IPAs From the 10 Best Craft Breweries in America
- You Can Stop Freaking Out: A Worldwide Beer Crisis Is Not Imminent, Say Hops Farmers
- A 140-Year-Old Bottle of Beer Found in a Garage Sold at Auction for $935
Walking into the local bodega to grab a beer or a slice of cheese or a loaf of bread is hardly an entertaining experience; ours usually involves fumbling around for cash while partially sober and incredibly hungry. But if Red Stripe lager ever comes to town, we're expecting something as awesome as this marketing gimmick they pulled in London.
The team rigged an entire corner store in East London to have empty bottles and cartons play "Message to You Rudy" by The Specials, with air blowing into bottles at the right pitch (surprisingly) and bags of chips keeping rhythm. Their adorable video shows that the tune is triggered by people picking up a bottle or two of Red Stripe, as brooms, dustbins, boxes, and even more bottles of beer join in on the fun.
Watch the magic happen below, then check out their behind-the-scenes video, which shows how the team tested bottles of beer and cartons of ramen (bodega staples, of course) to make the magic happen. "It's like a ghetto theme park," one surprised shopper told them. Not really, but close enough.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts