Red Stripe and Bodega Make Music
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
Walking into the local bodega to grab a beer or a slice of cheese or a loaf of bread is hardly an entertaining experience; ours usually involves fumbling around for cash while partially sober and incredibly hungry. But if Red Stripe lager ever comes to town, we're expecting something as awesome as this marketing gimmick they pulled in London.
The team rigged an entire corner store in East London to have empty bottles and cartons play "Message to You Rudy" by The Specials, with air blowing into bottles at the right pitch (surprisingly) and bags of chips keeping rhythm. Their adorable video shows that the tune is triggered by people picking up a bottle or two of Red Stripe, as brooms, dustbins, boxes, and even more bottles of beer join in on the fun.
Watch the magic happen below, then check out their behind-the-scenes video, which shows how the team tested bottles of beer and cartons of ramen (bodega staples, of course) to make the magic happen. "It's like a ghetto theme park," one surprised shopper told them. Not really, but close enough.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts