- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
Spicy Coconut Curry Pasta
- 1 Pound gluten-free pasta
- 1 Teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 Pound red grapes
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest, plus more for garnish
This one's got an extra kick to it. I used coconut milk and curry powder for a dairy-free creamy sauce that coats the pasta and then I spiced it on up with a lil' crushed red pepper, sweetened it with grapes and coconut flakes, and topped it off with a bright orange bell pepper.
See all curry recipes.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, coconut milk, and curry powder in a large pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the cooked pasta and cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove from the heat and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine. Serve warm. Garnish with additional lemon zest.
Calories per serving:743 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added