- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
PointsPlus Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds
- 20 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed of tough outer leaves and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- PointsPlus Mexican Clementine and Jicama Salsa
- PointsPlus Balsamic Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Spinach with Tomatoes and Feta
- PointsPlus Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese
- PointsPlus Super Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- PointsPlus Spicy Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- PointsPlus Quinoa and Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad
- PointsPlus Chipotle Black Beans with Orange and Lime
Roasting Brussels sprouts accentuates their flavor, and the addition of toasted almonds lends a savory crunch to this easy-to-make side dish.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together. Spread on a nonstick baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until nice and brown, about 20-22 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the almonds over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Mix the toasted almonds with the cooked Brussels sprouts and serve hot.
Calories per serving:144 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber Sugar Conscious, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added