- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
Quinoa with Sweet Potatoes and Kale
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 Cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup vegetable stock
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves cut into 1-inch pieces
For a quick and easy weeknight meal, this tasty quinoa dish delivers nutritional value while satisfying your hunger.
In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock, salt, pepper, and chile flakes. Stir to combine. Add the kale and cook for about 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
To serve, toss the quinoa with the vegetable mixture.
Calories per serving:305 calories
Dietary restrictions:Balanced, High Fiber Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added