Quinoa with Sweet Potatoes and Kale
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 s sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 Cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 s garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup vegetable stock
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves cut into 1-inch pieces
For a quick and easy weeknight meal, this tasty quinoa dish delivers nutritional value while satisfying your hunger.
In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock, salt, pepper, and chile flakes. Stir to combine. Add the kale and cook for about 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
To serve, toss the quinoa with the vegetable mixture.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts