Questlove Opening Chicken Joint in New York
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
Hold up: that Hell's Kitchen eatery might be all about Ivan ramen, but Chelsea Market is getting Questlove, and if that means some jam sessions from The Roots, we are down.
Grub Street (via Foobooz) reports that The Roots drummer Questlove is developing a food concept with Stephen Starr, bringing his fried chicken drumstick venture to Chelsea Market in early May in a venture called HyBird. We really want a second fried-chicken off with Blue Ribbon, since Questlove often DJs at Blue Ribbon's home, Brooklyn Bowl, anyways. His recipe may have lost against David Chang's fried chicken last year, but he's had a year to perfect it.
According to the official site, the collab between Questlove and Starr is slated to open in spring of 2013. "You asked for it... you got it," Questlove tweeted. "Gourmet food for the eclectic palette." Also on the menu: dumplings and cupcakes. Perhaps chicken and cupcakes is the next food pairing?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts