New Powdered Soda and Beer Makes Your Drink Anywhere
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- 8 Drinks That Help Fight Diabetes
- New Product Offers ‘Wine Without the Hangover’… Because There’s No Alcohol in It
- Soda Company Celebrates ‘Deflategate’ with Flat Sodas
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Teams Up with Keurig for Forthcoming At-Home Cold Beverage System
- Scientists Treat Alcoholics with a Fake Bar and Colored Water
Many campers will gladly add a few extra pounds to their bags in order to bring along some sodas or beers, but now there’s a lighter way to enjoy your favorite beverage while experiencing the great outdoors. Gizmodo shows a new portable soda and beer that will save space and weight wherever you’re going.
Pat’s Backcountry Beverages has created a powdered drink mix that will instantly mix up your favorite soda, or better yet, beer. All you need is a special plastic water bottle, and pouches containing the drink mix and carbonating agent. The bottle that is sold with the drink mix is designed with a pressurizing pump on the lid, so all you have to do is shake up the bottle and presto! Soda comes to life.
Different from the powdered soda, the beer is actually a concentrated liquid brewed with less water, making it lighter to carry. The sodas will be available at the end of August, but the beer will not be available until early 2013. (At least it’ll be ready for next summer.)
Even if you’re not the outdoorsy type, these convenient beverages could really come in handy when space and weight are an issue; you can throw it in your purse, take it on a plane, survive the apocalypse — the possibilities are endless.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts