QR Codes to Help Drunk Guys Get Home
Recipe of the day
- We’re Shocked: Young People Are Starting to Choose Wine and Liquor Over Beer
- 6 Reasons Beer Is Good for You
- Norwegian Festival Fights Binge Drinking with Cheap Beer
- MillerCoors Sued for Portraying Blue Moon as Craft Beer Worthy of Premium Price Tag
- These Rugby Players Got Tooth Implants That Double as Bottle Openers
Perhaps QR codes can be used for more than just weird marketing gimmicks; a new initiative in Michigan has created coasters printed with QR codes that will bring up a list of cab services.
The Office of Highway Safety Planning hopes this will reduce drunk driving in the area, as well as appeal to supposedly tech-savvy young adults.
Of course, reports have shown that college kids really don't know how QR codes work, and the measure doesn't seem to address the perils of drunk walking, but it's still a smart idea, especially around crazy drinking holidays like St. Patty's Day tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a quick guide on how to cure a hangover.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts