QR Codes to Help Drunk Guys Get Home
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
Perhaps QR codes can be used for more than just weird marketing gimmicks; a new initiative in Michigan has created coasters printed with QR codes that will bring up a list of cab services.
The Office of Highway Safety Planning hopes this will reduce drunk driving in the area, as well as appeal to supposedly tech-savvy young adults.
Of course, reports have shown that college kids really don't know how QR codes work, and the measure doesn't seem to address the perils of drunk walking, but it's still a smart idea, especially around crazy drinking holidays like St. Patty's Day tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a quick guide on how to cure a hangover.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts