- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
QR Codes to Help Drunk Guys Get Home
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Only 11 Brewers Produce 90 Percent of American Beer
- The 50 Best Craft Breweries in America for 2015
- A Nationwide Hops Shortage Spells Trouble for the US Beer Industry
- Record-Breaking 366-Tap Beer Garden Opens in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Lululemon Has a Summer Lager with Vancouver’s Stanley Park Brewery
Perhaps QR codes can be used for more than just weird marketing gimmicks; a new initiative in Michigan has created coasters printed with QR codes that will bring up a list of cab services.
The Office of Highway Safety Planning hopes this will reduce drunk driving in the area, as well as appeal to supposedly tech-savvy young adults.
Of course, reports have shown that college kids really don't know how QR codes work, and the measure doesn't seem to address the perils of drunk walking, but it's still a smart idea, especially around crazy drinking holidays like St. Patty's Day tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a quick guide on how to cure a hangover.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts