QR Codes to Help Drunk Guys Get Home
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
Perhaps QR codes can be used for more than just weird marketing gimmicks; a new initiative in Michigan has created coasters printed with QR codes that will bring up a list of cab services.
The Office of Highway Safety Planning hopes this will reduce drunk driving in the area, as well as appeal to supposedly tech-savvy young adults.
Of course, reports have shown that college kids really don't know how QR codes work, and the measure doesn't seem to address the perils of drunk walking, but it's still a smart idea, especially around crazy drinking holidays like St. Patty's Day tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a quick guide on how to cure a hangover.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts