Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf Classic Serves Tequila
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
"If you drink, don’t drive," Dean Martin once quipped. "Don’t even putt."
Such may be the mindset of folks attending the Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf Classic, which includes an intensive Don Julio tequila tasting as well as numerous wine tastings. The four-day event, held from April 11 to 14 in Punta Mita, Mexico, brings together numerous chefs and winemakers at the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort and blends golfing camaraderie with feasting and drinking.
"I am thrilled to be participating in the third annual Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf Classic," said executive chef Sylvain Desbois in an email to The Daily Meal. "It is an honor and a pleasure to work alongside some of the most renowned chefs in the industry for one inspiring weekend and to create unmatched culinary experiences for our guests, which are perfectly complemented by our wine and spirits partners. I’m delighted that the Gourmet & Golf Classic has become one of the most sought-after culinary events and one that I look forward to every year."
Unfortunately, a class on how to putt after a tequila tasting, however, is not on the agenda.
Next year, folks, next year.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts