Progresso Launches New 'Artisan Soups'
Recipe of the day
- Kit Kat Bars Temporarily Change Into YouTube Break Bars in the UK
- Ben & Jerry’s Releases New Ice Cream That Could Help Save the Planet
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Hot Pockets
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
In the ongoing effort to appeal to those who are looking for something a little more upscale in their soup (see Campbell’s), Progresso is ditching the can and introducing five new varieties of "Artisan" soups: Creamy Tomato with Roasted Red Peppers, Masala Curry Butternut Squash, Rustic Tomato with Chicken and Dumplings, Creamy Potato with Sausage and Kale, and Smoky White Bean and Winter Vegetables.
According to Progresso, the line "demonstrates Progresso’s commitment to celebrating authentic taste and exploring new flavors." Many ingredients in the soups, like kale, have never been included in any of their soups before. The creamy tomato soup includes roasted red pepper, garlic, and olive oil; butternut squash includes curry spices, coconut milk, and cayenne; rustic tomato has chunky tomato sauce, chicken, and dumplings; creamy potato has chunks of Italian sausage and kale; and white bean is made with navy beans, black-eyed peas, winter vegetables including carrots, turnips, and celery, and smoked paprika.
Each 17.6- or 17.2-ounce carton will sell for $2.99.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts