Progresso Launches New 'Artisan Soups'
Recipe of the day
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
- Cheez-It’s New Marketing Campaign: Sending a Giant Portrait of Our Writer in Cheez-It Form
In the ongoing effort to appeal to those who are looking for something a little more upscale in their soup (see Campbell’s), Progresso is ditching the can and introducing five new varieties of "Artisan" soups: Creamy Tomato with Roasted Red Peppers, Masala Curry Butternut Squash, Rustic Tomato with Chicken and Dumplings, Creamy Potato with Sausage and Kale, and Smoky White Bean and Winter Vegetables.
According to Progresso, the line "demonstrates Progresso’s commitment to celebrating authentic taste and exploring new flavors." Many ingredients in the soups, like kale, have never been included in any of their soups before. The creamy tomato soup includes roasted red pepper, garlic, and olive oil; butternut squash includes curry spices, coconut milk, and cayenne; rustic tomato has chunky tomato sauce, chicken, and dumplings; creamy potato has chunks of Italian sausage and kale; and white bean is made with navy beans, black-eyed peas, winter vegetables including carrots, turnips, and celery, and smoked paprika.
Each 17.6- or 17.2-ounce carton will sell for $2.99.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts