Food & Wine.
1 lb carrot, thickly sliced
1 large shallot, minced
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
freshly grated nutmeg
Notes and substitutions:
carrot, thickly sliced large shallot, minced extra virgin olive oil salt freshly grated nutmeg
Recipe Text Ingredients:
- 1 lb carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated nutmeg
Recipe Text Preparation:
- 1 In a medium saucepan, cover the carrots with water and simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2 Drain, reserving the liquid.
- 3 In a skillet, sauté the shallot in the oil over moderately low heat until softened, about 7 minutes.
- 4 Transfer to a food processor with the carrots and 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, season with salt and nutmeg and serve.